2005/05/20

Slim Pickings: What are We Watching this Weekend?

Boston's looking pretty grim, but I'm definitely going to make an effort to get to The Holy Girl. I had hoped to do a multiplex double bill of some sort as well, but I don't see anything that looks like it'd be remotely fun, and I could care less about Mad Hot Spellroom or whatever the hell this summer's kids in competition doc is called.

I'm tempted by Star Wars, but I haven't seen the second one (though is it really necessary?) and I'm afraid filmenthusiast will make fun of me.

4 Comments:

Blogger robbiefreeling8 said...

I won't post my usual drivel bemoaning the fact that I probably won't see anything, so I'll just say that in all likelihood I will have fun with other human beings this weekend rather than rot away in a stinking theater and continue down the path to cinephilic ruin. I'm a human being goddamnit, a human being!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Homemade said...

Tony Conrad at Anthology
Once Upon a Time in America at BAM

12:27 PM  
Blogger filmenthusiast2000 said...

Black Narcissus, my dudes.

6:58 AM  
Blogger flickerrate said...

Okay, I admit it. I saw Star Wars Episode III this weekend. With 3 physicists no less.

Unfortunately I also outed myself as a film student before the screening started, when I started to get snitty upon discovering we had paid EXTRA to see it in digital... there was no retreating to the "just the girlfriend" identity I had so cleverly covered myself with before...

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home